I was recently on the Smarter Balance website. Smarter Balance is creating assessments that are aligned to the ELA and Math Common Core State Standards. These assessments will be both summative and formative.
Below are the key Dates taken from the Smarter Balance's website. Great to keep us on track!
Key Dates for Teachers
- Spring/Summer 2012—Teachers help write Pilot items and tasks, review for alignment with CCSS, and check for bias/sensitivity
- Winter/Spring 2013—Pilot testing of assessment items and performance tasks
- Summer/Fall 2013—State Networks of Educators evaluate formative assessment practices and instructional resources; professional development cadres meet
- Fall 2012–Fall 2013—Teacher teams write Field Test items and tasks, review for alignment with CCSS, and check for bias/sensitivity
- Spring 2014—Broad participation in Field Testing of summative and interim assessments
- 2014-15 School Year—Implementation of assessment system and launch of digital library